Thursday, May 3, 2012

Online experiments!

I know I posted prior about computerized dissections, but I recently found something even more interesting.  SimBio offers an entire line of online experiments.  These computerized experiments can cover grades k-12, as well as college level.  While I still cannot agree with the idea of completely virtual experiments, I feel that this method of learning could be viable in some instances.  For students who just wish to complete the assignment and do not wish to further their learning in the sciences, this is an efficient method of ensures the student can clearly see the outcome.  However, for those who wish to pursue a career in science it is important to handle the experiments hands on.  How does everyone else feel about computerized experiments in the classroom?

http://simbio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment